In 2003 Jeff launched The Peak Antler Company, with products inspired by the uniqueness of the Pikes Peak Region, incorporating the beauty of nature and wildlife in home furnishings. Jeff has created thousands of unique antler artwork pieces sold around the world.
The Peak Antler Company is proud to offer our exclusive line of antler artwork, skillfully crafted antler chandeliers, antler lamps, antler home décor, and wildlife art. Our products are all American made, authentic antler products handcrafted from naturally shed white tail deer, mule deer, elk, moose, and fallow deer antlers. Each antler piece is artistically balanced and structurally designed to produce the highest quality available. We specialize in custom work to suit even the most specific requests.
Jeff answered some questions for me about his art and creating such fun and unique pieces.
- How long have you been creating your art? 15 years total
- Why did you choose your particular medium? I kind of fell into it and found I was good at it. I am a certified Harley Mechanic and took a side job working for another antler lighting artist. I didn’t have plans to stay with it more than 6 months. I found I had quite a nack for antler construction & artistic creation. 6 months turning into becoming the lead designer after 7 years with the company. In 2003 I left and started The Peak Antler Company.
- What do you consider your greatest achievement? My top 3: 1. I have always love my “Tweeds” chandelier, it includes a mica & rawhide iron base which give a unique glow from underneath.
2. “Samson & Delila”, nine foot tall Elk & Cow antler statues I did for a Bass Pro Shop in Temecula, CA.
3. My recent favorite is the “Lane” chandelier. It is 8 feet in diameter with 24 lights elk & mule deer combination I custom built for a local home owners amazing Log Home.
- What awards have you won? None YET! But I have sold millions of dollars worth artwork worldwide over the last 15 years, so I figure that’s not to bad.
- Do you have a funny story related to your work? Not one I would like to share the details: WARNING! antlers will impel oneself when falling off a ladder onto a chandelier. (learned from personal experience!) Antlers are proven to be a very strong medium to work with, the chandelier was unharmed, my rear end healed, not so with my pride.
- Are you working on something new? Always, I have a vision for sculpting a near life size Native American riding a horse, possibly hunting a whitetail deer with a bow & arrow. A combination sculpture of antler and wood and whatever else I find in nature to include for texture and color. This will be my long Colorado winter project.
Jeff’s work can be seen on his website PeakAntlers.com And watch for a great giveaway this week from Roxy and Peak Antlers. Just guess what it will be.