Pet blogger challengeI know there are two posts today, so save one for tomorrow if you like. I love the See beautiful blog hop, and I want to participate again in the pet blogger challenge, so two posts it is. Ok…..this is my third year participating in the pet blogger challenge. Every year I learn a little something about myself, and my fellow pet bloggers. So without further ado, the questions, and my answer to them.
1. How long have you been blogging? Please tell us why you started blogging, and, for anyone stopping by for the first time, give us a quick description of what your blog is about.I am creeping up on my 4 year blogaversary, later this month. I started the blog originally as a way to talk about our art. That happens, but mostly it’s about the dogs, and our full time traveling lifestyle.
2. Name one thing about your blog, or one blogging goal that you accomplished during 2013, that made you most proud.I grew my readership, and improved the amount of visitors to my blog.
3. When you look at the post you wrote for last year’s Pet Blogger Challenge, or just think back over the past year, what about blogging has changed the most for you?The time I spend seems to have increased a lot. I’m not really thrilled about this either. LOL Looking at last years post, the time issue has not changed either.
4. What lessons have you learned this year – from other blogs, or through your own experience – that could help us all with our own sites?I streamlined the look of this blog because I liked the look I saw on other blogs. When I visit some blogs that are super busy, it’s hard to get an idea of what they are writing about. For me, blogging is very visual too. So I have made a concerted effort to take beautiful photos, so I have something nice to share.
If you could ask the pet blogging community for help with one challenge you’re having with your blog, what would it be?How on earth do you get more visitors??? I suppose that is the age old question that we all would love an answer to.
5. What have you found to be the best ways to bring more traffic to your blog, other than by writing great content?I have a wonderful facebook community. Very interactive followers, and that translates into blog visits.
6. How much time do you spend publicizing your blog, and do you think you should spend more or less in the coming year?I spend as much time publicizing as writing. More probably. The time will probably stay about the same.
7. How do you gauge whether or not what you’re writing is appealing to your audience?Comments. If I write a really engaging post and get a good conversation going, then I know that people like what I wrote.
8. When you’re visiting other blogs, what inspires you to comment on a post rather than just reading and moving on?See above. LOL
9. Do you do product reviews and/or giveaways?Yes.
If so, what do you find works best, and what doesn’t work at all?I like to review actual product, and not really treats. There are only so many things you can say about treats. But a useful or helpful product…I love to pass that information along to other people.
10. When writer’s block strikes and you’re feeling dog-tired, how do you recharge?Take a walk, take a break, and don’t worry about it.
11. Have you ever taken a break from your blog? How did that go?I took a blogging break after Christmas. And it was wonderful really. I didn’t set a specific time to start blogging again, I just started when it felt good to do it again.
Have you ever thought about quitting your blog altogether? What makes you stay?I have thought more than once about quitting. I think I stay for the friendship, and community.
12. What goals do you have for your blog in 2014?Grow the readership, post about our fun adventures, and try not to give it all up completely.