We participated in the Pet Blogger challenge last year, this blog was not quite a year old, and it was a fun thing to take part in. This year we are coming up on our 2 year blogaversary, what have we learned along the way. Here are the 9 questions from Amy at Go Pet Friendly, who is a very awesome person and I have enjoyed getting to know her more this past year. Roxy and Torrey will just sleep through this post.
1. How long have you been blogging and provide a link to your post from last year’s Pet Blogger Challenge so we can refresh our memories.
The 2 year blogaversary is January 22nd. This is last years post.2. What do you consider the most important goals you set out in last year’s post?
To meet new friends, keep having fun with the blog, and make a little money for all the time I spend.
3. Have you made progress toward those goals, or have your goals changed over the past year?
I have absolutely made progress. I have met some wonderful like minded people, and I’m still having a blast writing the blog. I’m also making a small amount of money for all my invested time.
4. How often do you post?
This varies so much depending on where we are, what we’re doing, and if I have internet. If we are in one place, I like to post 5 days a week, sometimes more. If we are out and about, I try to post at least 4 days a week.
5. Has your opinion of blogging on a schedule or as the spirit moves you changed?
I still blog on a schedule. A couple days in the week are about certain topics, Artsy Fartsy Tuesday being one. This is much easier for me. Kinda how my brain works I guess. I do however, blog about subjects that just come up. Like a cool hike we did, or awesome place we visited.
6. How much time do you spend writing your blog per week? How much time visiting other blogs? Share your tips for staying on top of it all.
Wow, I have never kept track of this. I think I don’t really want to know. LOL. Several hours writing every week, and a couple hours a day visiting other blogs, social media, all that stuff. I will sit down in an evening and write and schedule several posts. (Better than TV.) Then every morning I will visit blogs, get on hootsuite, facebook, Google +.
7. How do you measure the success of a post and of your blog in general (comments, shares, traffic)?Do you look strictly at the numbers, or do you have a way of assessing the quality of those interactions?
I look at the numbers, too much really. I love to see lots of comments and interaction and the blog. That makes me feel like I am connecting somehow.
8. If you could ask the pet blogging community for help with one issue you’re having with your blog, what would it be?
The biggest issue I have is, time. Not enough of it. This bloggie business takes way more of my time than I thought it would. How do you rein in the time monster and still keep momentum going on your blog?
9. What goals do you have for your blog in 2013?
I would love to get more sponsors, find a magical way to not spend so much time with all the bloggie stuff, and keep having fun with it all. Is that too much to ask?