Pet blogger challenge 2015
It’s that time again, the annual Pet blogger Challenge brought to you by Go Pet Friendly. This is the fifth year that Amy has hosted this fun event, and the fourth time I have participated. I looked back through my previous years posts, and boy have things changed for me. I am fast approaching my 4 year blogaversary, and my whole approach to this game has changed. Read below to see what I mean.
So without further ado, here are this years questions, and my answers.
1. How long have you been blogging? And, for anyone stopping by for the first time, please give us a quick description of what your blog is about.
Almost 4 years. I blog about our life living and traveling full time in our RV with our two dogs, Roxy and Torrey. I also talk about our art, and what we are creating.
2. Tell us one thing that you accomplished on your blog during 2014 that made you proud.
In May, I rebranded, revamped, and refocused. I wanted to bring the blog more in line with what we really are all about, travel and art. I am thrilled with the way it all turned out too.
3. What lessons have you learned this year – from other blogs, or through your own experience – that could help us all with our own blogs?
Be true to yourself, and write what you want to. It’s so easy to get carried along the product review highway. I love doing product reviews, because really, who doesn’t like trying out new things, But it’s easy to get caught in the web, and that’s all you talk about. People want to know what you are doing, that’s why they come to your blog.
4. What have you found to be the most successful way to bring traffic to your blog, other than by writing great content?
Finding new blogs to follow. I have completely branched out in the blog world, found some great blogs to read, and in turn new people find me.
5. What was your most popular blog post this year? Did it surprise you that it was your most popular?
When I posted about the book I created on Blurb for my 100 day challenge. Look what I created. And yes, it was surprising.
6. What was your favorite blog post to write this year?
There is no way to narrow this down. We went to some fun places last year, and I love sharing that with my readers. Every time I write a post about some beautiful place, or fun thing we did, I am excited to be able to share it.
7. Has your policy on product reviews and/or giveaways changed this year?
Yes. I am more selective on what I review. It has to really fit the blog, and be something I want to write about. A product I really believe in.
If you do reviews, what do you find works best, and what doesn’t work at all?
Same thing. It has to be something I believe in, if not, it’s impossible to come across genuine.
8. What’s your best piece of advice for other bloggers?
Just write what you feel. Don’t get all wrapped up in the numbers game.
9. What goals do you have for your blog in 2015?
Same as before, keep growing the blog. So many people tell me how they love to travel along with us. I just want to find more people who want to come along for the ride.
10. If you could ask the pet blogging community for help with one challenge you’re having with your blog, what would it be?
I guess I am not really challenged at the moment, because I can’t think of a thing. (knock on wood…LOL)